Here are this month's PFS Book Club's (our sister site for readers) updates:
- Our 3 Comic Book List Reviews featured the stellar New Mutants #37 (with a hipster Satan), the beginning of the new Batwoman arc, and X-Men: Legacy's awesome new direction.
- A new Literary Term with Cliffhangers.
- We have Great Quotes from Tina Fey in Mean Girls, Uncanny X-Men writer Kieron Gillen, satirist Chuck Palanhniuk, NYT music critic Alex Ross, and poet Julie Sheehan.
- New book review galore with Kathy Griffin's Official Book Club Selection, Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go, Neil Stephenson's Anathem, and Brent Week's The Way of Shadows.
- A new Character Analysis featuring The Hunger Games' Prim Everdeen.
- And lastly, our newest feature here at the Book Club, the Dictionary of Faraway Places. Our first stop on this epic journey? Narnia.
And here at the Writing Workshop, we have:
- Our newest topic thread: Words I Thought I Knew! (but obviously didn't.) Up first? Populism.
- In book publishing news, we have JK Rowling publishing an adult mystery novel, a comic book collection worth millions, Tim Tebow reading Dr. Seuss, Scholastic releasing their Top 100 Kids' Book List, National Book Critics Circle announcing their 2011 finalists, and an article on the dangers of SOPA for the publishing industry.
- There are Writing Prompts for Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, 1 characters in 3 settings, Haiku Gymnastics, and the stock character The Orphan.
- Some great visual Good Grammars with Why English is Such a Great Language and Baby Seals Teach Comma Usage.
- A new Writing Craft to get that novel done: Write 1 Page a Day.
- And a Get Published! article on the legals issues surrounding Work for Hire.
And coming up this month? I'm planning on some big changes, with creator pages and more! Stick around!